Depression is spreading rapidly among adults, teens and kids. A regressive behavior leads towards lifetime sadness as well as self destruction. World need a rays of hope to cope this problem.
“I wanna die”, a 15 year old Arthur said to his therapist. He was a young boy who wanted to play football. Rejected in the trials, is now suffering from severe stress management. Depression is becoming a common problem now a days. A state of unknown sadness and unproductiveness.
It is a state of mind that tells you that you are not good enough. Adults or teens or even kids are suffering from this. Therapists claims that lack of opportunities and exposure is causing this. But is it really just a mind set. Why a healthy person starts feeling numb all of a sudden? World now a days needs an emerging rays of hope and love to cope this.
Depression is a mood disorder that involves a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. It is different from the mood fluctuations that people regularly experience as a part of life. You can sense depression by few prominent symptoms.
Common symptoms of Deprssion are
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Need of Hour
Since world is focusing on mental health now, It is our responsibility to help people in need. Affection is really contagious. People suffering from depression seek for love and warmth. By giving them hope and purpose you can make them efficient member of society. Watch out for your loved ones.
If they are suffering from any loss or grief, comfort them at any cost. Therapists say that depression is incurable. Only the symptoms can be minimized. There are a lot of methods to cure depression. First is with food. When you start having right food. The protein and nutrients will target the affected area of your brain and it will start healing.
Moreover therapist suggests exercise as a good healing process too. It will release all the toxic chemicals from your body and eventually you will feel good. Third and the last is getting medicines. But medicines have side effects as well like nausea, constipation, lack of sleep etc.
So on this mental health day take a pledge. You can help one person with problems in your life. The love you will give will never give your regret. All it takes is a droplet of pure intentions. You can do wonders in someone’s life.