Cricket is a sport of precision, technique, and endurance. Among the many achievements that cricketers aim for, hitting a perfect six sixes in a single over is something every cricket player considers a rare and impressive feat. Even the best of the best often fail to achieve it. However, over the course of cricket’s history, there have been a select few who managed to hit six sixes in a single cricket match. Here, we look at the 12 players who accomplished this impressive feat.
- Garfield Sobers: The West Indian all-rounder achieved this feat in a match between Nottinghamshire and Glamorgan in 1968.
- Ravi Shastri: The former Indian cricketer achieved this feat in a match between India and Baroda in 1985.
- Herschelle Gibbs: The South African batsman achieved this feat in a match against the Netherlands during the 2007 World Cup.
- Yuvraj Singh: The Indian left-hander achieved this feat against England during the 2007 World Twenty20 tournament.
- Alex Hales: The English batsman achieved this feat in a match between Nottinghamshire and Warwickshire in 2015.
- Ross Whitley: The Worcestershire batsman achieved this feat in a match against Yorkshire in 2017.
- Hazratullah Zazai: The Afghan batsman achieved this feat in a match against Ireland in 2018.
- Leo Carter: The New Zealand batsman achieved this feat in a match between Canterbury and Northern Districts in 2020.
- Kieron Pollard: The West Indian all-rounder achieved this feat in a match between Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados in 2021.
- Chris Gayle: The West Indian batsman achieved this feat in a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Pune Warriors India in 2013.
- Thisara Perera: He hit six sixes at his country’s domestic Major Clubs Limited Over List A tournament in 2021. Perera was playing for Sri Lanka Army CC against Bloomfield and Athletic Club.
- Iftikhar Ahmed: Pakistan batter Iftikhar Ahmed made history and smashed six sixes in an over. Ahmed accomplished this feat during his side Quetta Gladiators’ Pakistan Super League (PSL) exhibition match against Peshawar Zalmi. In the final over of the Gladiators’ inning bowled by former Pakistan pacer Wahab Riaz, Iftikhar went berserk and smashed the veteran for 6,6,6,6,6,6. At the start of the final over, Iftikhar was at 58 off 44 balls. But at the end of the final over, his score was 94 off just 50 balls.
These 12 players have etched their names in cricket history by hitting six out of six balls in a single over. Achieving this feat requires a combination of skill, precision, as well as a bit of luck. It is a rare accomplishment that is revered by fans and players alike. As cricket continues to evolve, we may see more players achieving this feat in the future. But for now, these 12 players stand as the elite few who managed to hit a perfect six in a single over.