A U.S. F-22 fighter jet shot down an unidentified cylindrical object UFO over Alaska on Friday. The second such instance in many days. As North America appeared on edge following a week-long Chinese spying balloon saga that drew the global spotlight.
An unidentified object was shot down 10 miles off the frozen coast of Alaska on Friday afternoon, US officials announced, but details about the object are scarce. US military pilots sent up to examine the object gave conflicting accounts of what they saw. Which is part of the reason why the Pentagon has been cautious in describing what the object is, according to a source briefed on the intelligence.
The incident marked the second time that US jets had taken down an UFO in less than a week, following the shooting down of a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the coast of South Carolina last week. On Saturday, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said it was monitoring “a high altitude airborne object” over northern Canada. Military aircraft are currently operating in the area from Alaska and Canada, according to a news release from the agency.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced shortly after that he ordered the downing of the object. It’s currently not clear what this object is or whether it has any relation to the Chinese spy balloon or UFO shot down over Alaska.
The wreckage could shed some light on where they came from. But so far, the U.S. military hasn’t been able to examine the debris because the bits fell in hard-to-access places. The debris of the “object” shot while flying at 20,000 feet over Lake Huron on Sunday fell in deep water in the lake and U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian authorities have not reached it yet, Kirby said. The remaining parts of the object shot off the coast of Alaska have been hard to find because of sea ice. He said, and the unidentified object over Canada fell into an area of remote wilderness.
The comments from Jean-Pierre and Kirby dismissing the prospect of any of the objects having an extraterrestrial source came a day after General Glen VanHerck, commander of U.S. Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command, refused to rule out the possibility.